Product Spotlight: Poly Flex Flexible Couplings
Based near Brisbane, Australia, Poly Flex has been a leader in flexible shaft couplings, engine mounts, steel shaft couplings, and driveline accessories since their founding in 1981.
The focus of this article is on their flexible shaft couplings and their features / benefits.
Flex products are Made in Australia using high quality materials and exacting
- Molded from heat cured polymer, the flange and pilot are then machined to within a +/- .002” tolerance.
- All metal components are plated in SA5 Cobalt Zinc which increases life up to 6 times over traditional zinc plating.
- Designed to reduce stress when shifting in and out of gear and reduce drivetrain vibration.
- Protects your transmission / engine by providing a sacrificial link between your prop shaft and transmission that can handle shock upon impact due to a 400% stretch factor.
up to four possible durometers per coupling size, Poly Flex produces over 300
models of flexible couplings.
- In addition to commonly found transmissions in North America (Borg Warner, ZF/Hurth, Yanmar/Kanzaki, Twin Disc, Volvo, etc), Poly Flex produces flex couplings for brands often found internationally such as Bukh and Dong-I.
- Depending on transmission model and torque rating required, the following models may be available: Light Duty, Medium Duty, Heavy Duty, and Super Heavy Duty.
- We can calculate your torque rating if you give us the following info: Engine HP, Transmission Gear Ratio, and Max Rate Engine RPM.
Please click here to see our current Poly Flex Flexible Couplings page, we will be adding more models shortly.