Outboard & Sterndrive Propeller Repairs
Outboard and Sterndrive Repairs at The Prop Shop
In addition to selling new propellers, we also are an NMPA certified repair shop with 40 years experience repairing props. While we CAN repair just about anything, we will not do it unless we can bring it back to factory specs and have it work like new. Before spending the money to send your prop in for repair, it is worth considering the following:
- Is my prop too far gone for repair? If the answer to any of the questions below is "yes", it is probably beyond repair.
- Are there large chunks taken out of the blades?
- Are any of the blades bent close to the hub, or bent at an extreme angle?
- If it is stainless steel, are there any cracks?
- Are the blades really thin?
- Is it cost effective to send it in?
- We offer discount shipping labels, but often times the cost of a repair plus the cost of shipping to us is around the same price as a new propeller.
- Do I want to wait the amount of time it takes to send the prop in, have it repaired, and have it shipped back.
- If you have a time crunch, buying new will cut your time at least in half since it does not have to be shipped in.
If you want to have your prop repaired and you are not sure of the repairability or would like a general repair quote, please click here to send an email with pictures and any identifying marks on the prop.
If you would like a quote on discounted shipping label, please pack up your prop and click here to send an email with your shipment dimensions, weight, and your address.
There are no products listed under this category.