We’ve been working with and selling GLIDE Bearings and Seal system products since their founding. Like us, GLIDE is a small, family-owned company. They have excellent customer service and technical support and really stand behind their products.
GLIDE Marine Bearings are made of an exclusive GLIDE-100 material which has the following benefits over traditional rubber lined brass bearings and non-metallic bearings:
- Self-lubricating – Has the ability to run dry
- Quieter and smoother running
- Shaft friendly – Similar life as traditional brass bearings, but causes less shaft wear
- Virtually no water swell
- Easy installation
- Attractive pricing – Costs around the same as a traditional brass bearing
- Customizable – Need an unusual size? GLIDE can usually make a custom bearing in a few days
We have had many customers switch over to GLIDE in both their marine bearings and their ULTRA dripless shaft seals (which contain an extra seal in the housing so it can be changed in the water without letting in a bunch of water). We’ve seen an especially large switch to the GLIDE bearings in Hawaiian charter boat customers who want a smoother running bearing in order to provide a quieter, more enjoyable ride for their customers and a quicker install to get them back in the water sooner.
Many of the biggest names in ski and wake boats have been installing GLIDE Bearings in their new boats for years. This includes MasterCraft, NXT, Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, MB Sports, Tige, VanDam Custom Boats, Montara Surf Pontoons and many more.
For ski / wake boat bearings, CLICK HERE