GLIDE Bearings and Seal Systems for Ski, Wakeboard, & Surf Boats Information
GLIDE Bearings and Seal Systems
Here at propshopinc.com we are excited to announce that we are now carrying GLIDE Bearings and Seal Systems as our newest product line. Read on to learn about the different items we will be carrying and hopefully answer any questions you may have. In this article, I will be focusing on ski, wakeboard, & surf boats.
Ski, Wakeboard, & Surfboats
The two GLIDE product lines for watersports we will focus on are; Dripless Shaft Seals, and Strut Bearings. Both of these products are used by some of the top boat builders including: MB, NXT, Tige, Axis, Supreme, Correct Craft, Centurion, Malibu, and MasterCraft. Rudder bearings and other sleeves are available from GLIDE as well, email us for more information.
The GMSS Shaft Seal System for ski, surf, & wakeboard boats is high quality, made in The USA, and relatively easy to install. There are several different options available, from just the seal to the entire seal system kit. Below are some of the main features:
- Body and cover made of exclusive GLIDE 100 Polymer
- Seal Vault face plate with 2-axis seal retention
- 316 SS fasteners
- Double lip seal, 100% TFE Teflon Seal
- Replaces bronze stuffing / packing box
- Slide & Lock grooves for added hose retention
- Reinforced silicone rubber "Hump Hose"
- Easy installation
If you would like to see one person’s experience installing a GLIDE GMSS System and GLIDE Strut Bearings, Hyperryd over at wakegarage.com recently wrote a detailed account of his install. See it here
GLIDE manufactures self-lubricating, high load carrying capacity strut / stern bearings for wakeboard, ski, & surf boat applications. Like the GMSS Shaft Seal, GLIDE Bearings are high quality, made in The USA, and easy to install.
- Made from exclusive Glide 100 Material
- High performance
- Internally lubricated
- Polymer bearings
- No stress relief when machining
- Excellent wear properties
- Easily installed (press or freeze fit)
- Easily serviced / No electrolytic corrosion
- Shaft friendly
- Unlimited sizing combinations
- No need to grease
- “Green materials" (environmentally friendly)